Sunday, December 2, 2007

Assessment #1

The first frustration I crossed happened before I even captured my sounds. I could not decide where in Milwaukee I would like to record my sounds and my footage. I was relatively new to this city at the time. I had previously lived in Waukesha, which is actually located just outside of Milwaukee. However, I had never actually explored Milwaukee like I was getting ready to do. I had a choice of recording in more rural settings or more urban settings, or even a more suburban setting. The rural areas I think are better for isolated sounds, but the city is exciting to be in with a wide spectrum of imagery. It took me a long time to decide my starting point. Yet, I finally went with the city so I could explore the place I just moved to.
Another frustration arose while I was actually on my trek. The city was fun to explore, but there is this overriding sound everywhere. That sound is the sound of business, cars, and people rushing through out their day. In every sound byte I captured you can hear the rumble of cars, or the constant chatter of peoples’ voices. Yet, I overcame this frustration, I just had to be picky about which sound bytes I chose.

No comments: