Before my trek #1 I was dreading the fact that I needed to cross the city on foot. My goal was to walk from the dorms to the point on Water Street where the fifth ward meets the third ward. When I made it to the city my attitude changed. I sat down by the river that goes through the heart of downtown, I began to record the sounds around me, but subconsciously I put the microphones down, and just sat there. Being distracted from the flow of the river I began to notice how nice the downtown area is. My mind was no longer on my project, but it was set on exploring the city around me.
While I was on my trek it was a particularly nice day. The sun was shining over the city and I believe the temperature was still in the seventies so naturally I was already at peace with the day. A certain moment of the day struck me. I did not notice how it affected me until after it had happened. I was sitting in Cathedral Park with my sound recorder rolling. The bench that I was sitting on was located on the edge of the park closer to the city street. The ambient sound of nature still peered in my headset. The busy sounds of the city were quieted, and took second to the chirping of birds. I did not notice how long that I was sitting there, and listening very closely to the sounds that were being recorded. I kind of got lost in the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment